Many people need this for their mortgage applications. You can apply for your documents here
You will be able to get evidence of your earnings (‘SA302’) for the last 4 years once you’ve sent in your Self Assessment tax return. You can also get a tax year overview for any given year. 
You might be asked for these documents as evidence of your income, for example, if you’re applying for a mortgage and you’re self-employed. The tax year runs from 6 April to 5 April the following year. 

Printing your documents 

You can print your own tax calculation and tax year overview if you do your Self Assessment tax return using: 
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC’s) online services commercial software 
Always check that your mortgage provider accepts documents you’ve printed yourself as not all do. 
You cannot print your documents until 72 hours after you submitted your tax return. 
Where to find the information to print 
If you use HMRC’s online services 
Log in to your HMRC online account. 
Go to ‘Self Assessment’, then ‘More Self Assessment details’. 
If you use commercial software 
If you or your accountant use commercial software to do your return, you’ll need to use that software to print your tax calculation. It might be called something different in the software - for example ‘tax computation’. 
Contact the company that makes the software if you have trouble printing. 
You can still print a tax year overview from your HMRC online account. 
Share this post:

Leave a comment: 

Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings